You have invested your time, money, heart and soul into designing and building that beautifully landscaped garden. You are extremely proud of your creation and happy to share it with the world on Instagram and Pinterest. However, maintaining it is hard work that people seldom appreciate. If you are too busy to take care of your garden on your own and don’t want it to lose its charm, consider hiring the services of a professional landscaping maintenance service to keep it aesthetically pleasing and clean.
Benefits of Maintaining Landscapes
Let’s get the obvious out of the way. Landscaping is expensive. It takes a lot of time and money and you wouldn’t want your investment to go to waste. Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your garden looking the way you want it to look. You want to feel happy and you want to share it with your friends and that’s not going to happen if you let the grass and flowers wither away. Here are a few reasons why you should maintain your garden regularly:
- It looks nice. After all, that’s the primary reason you invested so much money and energy in a custom landscape.
- Regular maintenance ensures that your plants remain healthy and in tip-top shape
- Infrequent maintenance may seriously damage the plants and garden beds. You don’t want that to happen.
- Regular maintenance helps save a lot of time, energy and money.
- Having greenery all around helps with mental and physical health
- Regular maintenance helps in preventing weed growth
- Needless to say, a well-maintained landscape enhances the curb appeal of your property
- It also helps in enhancing the value of your property
Maintaining a customised landscape isn’t easy and takes a lot of time and effort. This is why properties that have a well-maintained landscape attract others and also increase the value of the property as people understand how difficult and expensive it is. If you have put your heart and soul into installing a custom landscape, make sure you take the time to keep it well-maintained. If you are not able to give it enough time, there is no harm in engaging the services of a professional team to do the job.
Things You Will Need
- Good quality gloves
- Hoses and irrigation system
- A sturdy garden fork for breaking the soil
- A couple of spades with ergonomic handles
- Secateurs for pruning
- Good quality knife
- Garden hoes
- Garden cart or wheelbarrow
- Multipurpose rake
- Safety gear such as knee protection
How to Do Landscape Maintenance Properly?
Now that we have established the importance of regular landscape maintenance, you have the choice of going the DIY route or engaging the services of a professional. Even if you decide to engage the services of a professional, it is important for you to understand what needs to be done to maintain the health of your lawn and plants. Here is what you should know about proper landscape maintenance:
- Keep a record of the landscaping history including existing maintenance practices
- Make sure you’re aware of the type of soil present in your home. If it hasn’t been done, get the soil tested.
- Make sure you are aware of the water and fertilisation needs of different types of trees, flowers and shrubs that are part of your garden
- You should be aware of the local safety requirements
- Every property has some hazards. Keep a record of these hazards to make it easy for the landscaping maintenance team
- Irrigation is the key to proper maintenance
- Think about recycling and composting
- Preventative maintenance can save you a lot of heartbreak. Understand what you can do to prevent pests, diseases and weeds.
If you are working with a professional landscaping maintenance team, it is better to have a plan in place outlining your goals and what the professionals are going to do to help you achieve your goals. This may cover regular maintenance or irrigation schedule or pest management techniques they plan to use.
Overall, regular landscaping maintenance is the key to retaining the original looks of your garden. Proactive maintenance will help you keep your lawn looking new. Needless to say, it also shows that you care about your property and will help you fetch a better price in case you decide to sell your existing home. If you don’t have the time to maintain the landscape, don’t shy away from engaging the services of professionals to take regular care of your landscape.
Buy Landscaping Rocks with Rokworx
Whether you’re planning a completely new custom look for your property or you are upgrading your existing landscape, Rokworx has a huge variety of landscaping rocks to make your dreams come true. We are well known for our huge collection of garden rocks, stones, rebels and landscaping rocks throughout Melbourne.
Please call us today for more information on 0407 456 045 or leave a message.